3.21.2011

Things I learned on my spring break vacation


It's comforting when your child wants to buy a stuffed animal. It means they are still closer to be being your baby than they act like the whole rest of the day.

As well as you think you know your own children, they can always surprise you. Thank you, Maury, for going on Expedition Everest with me that second time.

You really can't judge a book by its cover. (Learned at the John and Mable Ringling Museum. Circus people. Fine art lovers.)

I do not appreciate nude sculptures. (Also learned at the John and Mable Ringling Museum.)


You should never go to the bathroom without your mommy. Wait. That is what Lizzie learned on her spring break vacation, not me.

I would love to be a Tumble Monkey in the Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. I mean, really, who wouldn't love that?

It is exceedingly distressing to listen to two people in line behind you kiss over and over and over again.

Going on a roller coaster alone is better than not getting to go on it at all.


We can make a resort room just as messy as our own home...amazingly quickly. We are just that good, people.

Disney's Jungle Cruise? Rules.

I like vacation but I love my normal life and its routines...and the ability to have some time alone in it.

There is just about nothing else that makes me as happy as seeing the kids having fun together. Not fighting. Not ignoring each other. But actually acting as if they are friends.

No comments: