2.15.2013

see


For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
-1 Corinthians 13:12

Synchronicity again today as I took the above photo for the Lenten photo challenge, thinking of that verse from Corinthians...that particular translation with "see in a mirror dimly"...and then I opened my Lenten devotional this morning to a selection by Walter Wangerin called "In Mirrors". I don't even want to try to quote a snippet from it because I hope that you will enjoy it in its entirety instead. 

I do want to share a quote from the introduction of the same Lenten devotional though: "[Lent is] a time to ask God to show us what we really look like." This resonates with me. Lent is a time of reflection on our shortcomings and his mercy, our failings and his grace. It is a time to come to know and to be known. It is a time to be refined. A time to see ourselves...and our God...more clearly, a little less dimly.

No comments: