9.27.2011

Second Chance



I took the above picture one morning as I was walking on my favorite trail. I took the picture because the heron that I see every so often was in the middle of the creek. (I love that heron and I take pictures of him as often as I can.) As I took the picture, an owl lighted on a limb above the creek. (I'm a little scared of that owl. Mainly because an owl kind of attacked a runner on the trail about a year ago. Shortly after, "Nesting Owls May Be Aggressive" signs went up and I got a little skittish. He is beautiful, though.) I managed to catch them both in the picture, something I didn't know until later when I looked at the shot closer. I thought the owl came in after the shutter closed. I won't get a second chance to get that shot.
 
---------------------------------------------
 
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.-James 4: 14
 
---------------------------------------------
 
This week in Path Finder, we are making a Life List (or a Life Menu if the word "list" is a turnoff to you). It's a list of awesome things I would like to do in my life. (Well, they seem awesome to me.) This list, while not a bucket list, is going to be in some ways a gentle reminder that I only get one shot at this life and, heck, I need to live some of it.

This same thought process, of course, applies to the serious aspects of my life. I only have one shot at it and I definitely want to be sure to do what God put me here to do. Now, if He would light some shrubbery on fire and speak to me, I'm sure I'll get right on it. Until then, the silence thing and consulting with some wise people is what I'm going to do.

---------------------------------------------

Of course, as synchronicity has it, this song came across my radar screen this week. (I think my ears were fine tuned to hear it right now.)

Peter, Bjorn and John - Second Chance

You can't, can't count on a second chance
 The second chance will never be found
You can't, can't count on a second try
The second try will never come round

No comments: