3.16.2012

Gift of a Friend


The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in
The gift of a friend
Gift Of A Friend-Demi Lovato

Today's song is a dedication to my friends. You'll have to work with me...I decided to go with an abstract visualization of my friends rather than put a piece up that represented a specific set of individuals. Part of this is because I liked the concept of a combined image of several friends to represent the fullness of what my friends add to my life, each one sharing a different set of experiences with me.

Part of this is just because I'm just too chicken to put a picture up and risk hurting someone's feelings by them not being included in a collage of clearly discernible faces (as if being so included would be some achievement to be bragged about, but you know what I mean).

The amount of time and energy I've spent agonizing over what was meant to be a deeply felt thank you to my friends makes me wonder if we all wouldn't have been better off with me just posting another sappy something to my husband.

But, truly...I love you, my friends.

No comments: