3.08.2012

Wichita Lineman


And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita lineman is still on the line
Wichita Lineman-Dwight Yoakam

Country music. My family was really into country for awhile and I saw a lot of concerts with them growing up (Kenny, Dolly, Merle, Oak Ridge Boys, Statler Brothers). Pretty cool, really.

Then, I went through a country phase when I was first out on my own in the world, including going line dancing a time or two with some friends. Steve and I also listened to Dwight Yoakam, which the younger me never would have done. Such twang! And such tight pants. Fast As You indeed! Mr. Yoakam was quite the ladies' man. And, to later find out that he had almost no hair under that hat (did you see Sling Blade?) was such a shock!

No comments: