8.30.2011

Day Twenty-Two: Trees


Hipstamatic: Helga Viking lens, Kodot XGrizzled film

These gorgeous trees stand in the fountain courtyard at my office (I think they are some type of birch tree). Even during the winter when they have no leaves, they are so pretty with their peeling bark. The courtyard is really a lovely place and I would probably eat lunch out there if it werent' for the fact that it's in the center of two buildings whose entire exterior is glass (as you can see above). That means that you sit in a fishbowl where anyone walking along the four floors of hallways that look into the courtyard could be watching you. Not exactly a relaxing thought. It's a shame...but it is a nice view as I am walking those halls! Another shame is the fact that a few of these trees have been marked to be taken down because some of them are leaning precariously close to the windows near the top. They look like another good storm could lead to broken glass and other damage. The company already had that happen a few weeks ago on the other side of the building, so I'm sure they'd rather practice some prevention this time around.

1 comment:

iMollie said...

I want to touch them...